Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's day.

This father's day was pretty uneventful actually. My cousins came around and all the father's cut up and destroyed the beautiful chocolate mud cake from secret recipe. I was actually pretty pensieve throughtout this whole father's day. I think it had something to do with the face that I was recovering from a hurting heart. It was caused by my dad. His godson gave him a bouquet of flowers and I didnt get him anything. but thats only coz we were so busy this whole weekend. I actually wanted to take him out to dinner but he said that this weekend was too crammed. But thats not my main point. The reason I'm hurting is coz my dad turned around and said to me, I quote, 'Even my godson can get me something, but my daughters?'...This hurt me so bad. I didnt talk to him the entire journey home from church. How could he say that?...he was the one who refused a gift and said we didnt have to get him anything, but when we want to do something, he refuses and we get the blame. This hurts, man.




As I run my fingers through your hair, I am reminded of what used to be.






Peace,
Amy.

No comments: