Thursday, November 20, 2008

A tribute to a new beginning.

Yesterday was the day when I finally learnt that I cannot talk about my grandpa without crying. Its just natural. I miss him too much. Its been 12 years since he has gone but it still feels like yesterday.


Being the youngest granddaughter, at that time, I was asked to place a single rose on his coffin before thay covered him up. They took a photo of me doing that. When I saw the photo recently, it just hit me really hard. That single white rose brought back memories that were buried deep within.


I should have taken one more last look at the coffin.
I should have smiled more and cried less when he was around.
I never should have made him tired by asking him to tell me so many stories.
I should have stayed long enough with him.
I shouldnt have run away to play with my cousins when they came over.
I should have been there when he said his last goodbye.
I should have been older.
I should have been stronger.
I should have thanked him for all the gifts he bought me.
I should have hugged him longer that Christmas.
I should have...





Its my fault.
Regrets.
There is no point to it but it is here to haunt every single soul that lives here on earth.
I just wanna start again.
I'm gonna take a chance.
I'm not gonna forget you, but I'm sure as hell gonna treasure every moment spent together.
I'm gonna start again.
But this time, I'll do it differently.
No more moaning about the time we wasted.
No more regrets.
I love you.
I miss you.
You'll always be in my heart.
This I promise you.
I'll cherish every moment spent with you.
I'm putting my regrets behind me.
Thanks for the memories.
.amy.

No comments: